(Effective May 25th, 2018)
Herein, when “we”, “us” or any other form of this pronoun is mentioned, it refers to the controller of your information. Your information is controlled by Acupressure & Wellness, 1180 N. Town Center Drive, Suite 100 PMB 208, Las Vegas, NV, 89144, United States.
We take your privacy extremely seriously and encourage you to read the entire document to understand how your information is collected, processed, used and stored. The following are key points about the information we collect:
- We require the most basic information (i.e. name and email) in order to request more information from us.
- Any information submitted as a member may be publicly visible or searchable including name, username, public profile information, comments, blog posts, or anything of the sort. This information can be looked up from search engines.
- Any personal information can be updated and reviewed by contacting our support team at email@example.com. You have the ability and right to change this information at any time, or (as of May 25th, 2018), disable your account entirely, removing all your publicly visible content and remove all information shared with us in our system.
- When using or browsing any of the Acupressure & Wellness sites, stated above, we receive information from you such as the type of device you’re currently using (phone, tablet, desktop, etc.) and occasionally IP address.
- We truly respect your privacy and would never share your information for our benefit.
- Our policy covers how we handle personal information that is collected and received, including information related to how you use our products and services. Personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address or phone number that is not otherwise available to the public. However, our policy is limited to what we can control and not to third party sites or people that we do not control or manage.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Acupressure & Wellness and the previously mentioned sites collects your personal information when you register, purchase, or use one of our products or services. Also when you visit pages managed by us. When becoming a member, you are required to provide your name, email address, phone number, and payment information to complete your purchase. This information is collected so that we can provide you with our services. Once you are registered, this information is available to us.
We also collect basic information from our pages and sites if not signed in, such as from lead pages, event pages, general information pages, live chat, and support. We collect information from anywhere you enter and input information to the system. For example, when asking a question or sending an email to our support center. We collect this information to best assist you and the community.
In addition, we occasionally may send out notifications and communicate via email. Email opens and click rates are tracked in order to help us to better understand our email communication platform and how we can communicate important information and announcements with you. You have full control to unsubscribe from notification emails. Just click the unsubscribe button found on one of our emails. If you require more information about this, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As most websites do, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This information is kept in our server logs and is kept in order to provide us with information to improve our services and fix potential technical issues. We also store this information to protect against fraud and/or malicious activity on our sites.
The contact information that we collect is used to fulfill your orders, send you order confirmations, requested product or service information, product updates or warranty information, respond to customer service requests, administer and maintain your account, respond to your questions and concerns, or other similar emails and/or requests.
We respect your privacy and will never sell your personal information to third parties. However, we do share your information with third parties as described herein.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order, offering customer service, with email marketing to send out notifications and other forms of communications, keyword research, demographics, purchase behavior, and hosting and domain registrations. We may share your personal data with these providers subject to obligations consistent herein. All appropriate confidentiality and security measures will be followed using these third parties and will only use your personal information on our behalf to our instructions. Your payment information is forwarded and kept to payment service providers to process payments and also prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other malicious activities. Also to dispute chargebacks and/or refunds. This last statement applies to all activities associated with the acceptance of credit and debit cards.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If acupressureandwellness.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, such as complete disposal of all stored information.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or high game score, or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
Links to Other Web Sites
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Deletion / Deactivation
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete it by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also encrypt customer information in our database so that customers name and address is never stored in plain text. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please contact us, if you have any questions about security on our website.
All of our employees are familiar with our security policy and practices. The Personally Identifiable Information of our visitors and partners is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or social security numbers, is protected by encryption protocols, in place to protect information sent over the Internet. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to visitors or partners for any such occurrences.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Some information such as testimonials including your photo and name will be displayed for anyone to view and/or picked up by search engines. In these cases, we will ask for your permission to use this information. We will never use your personal information without your prior consent. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Your Information
Visitors and partners may contact us to update Personally Identifiable Information about them or to correct any inaccuracies by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.